Hey I’m Cait(lyn) and this is my little website I’ve slowly created over the last couple of months. It still has some fixing up to do; but just like a recipe, it’s a work in progress until perfection.
As this is the about page, I’m guessing you’re as nosey as I am and want to know about other strangers on the internet. Its ok – I don’t judge. I’m a 20-something year old culinary graduate that is just trying out food blogging as a hobby, along with occasionally writing about the travels I seem to be going on more often than not.
I’ve been passionate about cooking for as long as I can remember. The first memory I have of wanting to be in the kitchen is at 6 years old insisting I could help by peeling potatoes – surprisingly my passion for cooking didn’t end that night when I peeled my thumb all the way down to my wrist. Since the fatal potato peeling incident, I’ve taught myself many different recipes – from sweet to savory, got a job in an industrial kitchen at the age of 16 and completed culinary school at 20.
A few little facts about me to complete this ‘about’ page are:
- I love iced coffee, and my favourite tea is peppermint
- I like cooking over baking but I bake to relax
- Chips are my guilty pleasure. My favourite chip flavour is All Dressed and I get personally offended when that isn’t a flavour option at the nearest variety store (Also it’s the only flavour that’s never on sale – what’s that all about?)
- I like cats equally to dogs, sometimes more – I have a little Yorkie named Chubbs (he’s not really that little, he’s owned up to his name over the 10 years) and a cat named Ginger (you guessed it, she’s orange)
- I horseback ride and at local shows I’ll compete in Western Pleasure and Horsemanship, but I do not own my own horse… yet.
- I have the longest travel bucket list – Austria, South Africa and South America are the recent destinations I crave to go to, but there are so many other places I must see in this lifetime
- Each year my New Years Resolution is to be a better me; and I think that’s the only resolution that matters because it helps you grow without the negative pressure of not accomplishing a New Years resolution that you set and forgot about.
- I have a strong interest in design and photography, i think in my past life i was an interior designer
Thank you for visiting cravingswithcait.com, and also reading about my life, as uninteresting as it is, I appreciate it. I’d be greatful if you followed along with my travels and culinary adventures, but if you don’t, its whatever – live the life that you want to live.
Thank you again for the support.